autodiscover service

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Hi:

I 'm working with emws, but when I try to invoke a method like Email_GetCount, i have a following error:

System.Exception: Autodiscover error ---> Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.AutodiscoverLocalException: The Autodiscover service could not be located.
  at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.InternalGetConfigurationSettings[TSettings](String emailAddress, Int32& currentHop)
  at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.GetLegacyAutodiscoverEwsUrl(String emailAddress)
  at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.AutodiscoverUrl(String emailAddress, AutodiscoverRedirectionUrlValidationCallback validateRedirectionUrlCallback)
  at LiveWebService.EWSModule.LiveEWS.CheckConnection(String userlogin)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at LiveWebService.EWSModule.LiveEWS..ctor(String EWSAdminLogin, String EWSAdminPassword)
  at LiveWebService.WorkClasses.LiveClasses.GetLiveEWS(String userName, String domainName)
  at LiveWebService.laemws.GetLiveEWSClass(String userName, String domainName)
  at LiveWebService.laemws.EWS_Email_GetCount(String LiveID)
I have a cname DNS like this: 

Host:

autodiscover

Valor:

autodiscover.outlook.com

and test the conectivity in https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com is ok.
the url is: http://autodiscover.edu.ipchile.cl and redirect to outlook's login.

There are methods that works, like SSO_geturl and reset password, but when i need the autodiscover for the information of emails, not.

Thank you for the help....

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Hello!

You can set your OWA url in LAEMWS\config\ews_urls.xml . Replace or add new first line with your OWA url and it should work.

Also new version caches correct URL for each domain, so it should work much faster.